See the major sights of mainland Ancient Greece in all its glory on this four day, three night coach tour. Travelling in modern, air conditioned comfort and staying in first or tourist class hotels, you will see the main sights of this fascinating country. Travelling through some incredible countryside, this tour is for history lovers and as well as for those wanting to see more of this spectacular and diverse country.
– See four UNESCO World Heritage Sites with an expert guide.
– Explore important archeological sites at Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi.
– Stroll through the Delphi Archeological Museum and see relics like the Sphinx of Naxos.
– Visit monasteries at the rock towers of Meteora.
– Overnight accommodation in centrally located 3- or 4-star hotels.
– Accommodation at chosen hotel category (Tourist Class / First Class) (HB basis).
– Transportation with fully Air Conditioned non-smoking deluxe tour coach.
– Professional English Speaking Guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism.
– Main entrance fees to sights mentioned in the itinerary.
– Taxes and handling services.
– Items of a personal nature.
– Gratuities (optional) to guides, drivers or staff at hotels.
– Hotel extras (minibar, telephone/internet usage, laundry, etc).
– All kinds of beverages (except the drinks served with breakfast), and medical service.
– International flights to/from Greece and personal travel insurance.
– Any other expenses not noted in the above included section or airport tax, visa for Greece (if required).
– Available April to October every Mon, Tue, Sat.
– Extra days/nights & additional tours/activities can be added.
– Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
– Suitable for individuals, families and groups.
– Prices are “from” per person based on twin/double share accommodation.
– Rates for single or triple travelers are available on request – please inquire.
– Limited seat/spaces and all pricing is subject to change and availability.
Depart from Athens by the coastal road to the Corinth Canal (short stop). Drive on and visit the Theatre of Epidaurus, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Then proceed to the town of Nafplion (short photo stop), drive on to Mycenae and visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis.
Overnight: Olympia| Meals: Dinner included.
In the morning visit the Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the Archaeological Museum. Then drive on through the plains of Eliad and Achaia until the magnificent bridge which is crossing the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos (Lepanto) and Itea, arrive in Delphi.cOvernight: Delphi| Meals: Buffet breakfast & dinner included.
In the morning visit the Archaeological Site and Museum of Delphi. Then depart for Kalambaka, a small town situated at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora, gigantic rocks.
Overnight: Delphi| Meals: Buffet breakfast & dinner included.
Visit Meteora and enjoy a unique and most impressive scenery with the ageless Monasteries, containing priceless historical & religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae making a short stop to see from across the road the Leonida’s Monument. Arrive Athens early evening around 19:00.
Meals: Buffet breakfast included.